Wednesday, July 22, 2009

MG Sinanju photoshoot


Had to take a day off because of sickness, so I decided to do my entry for the Gundam giveway at Figure.fm.
Ok, so this model kit was completed sometime early this year but I never really got a chance to properly photograph it like I did with my RX-178, until today. I am by no means a photography expert and I probably spent about 3 hours or more taking about a hundred pictures, setting up lamps, finaggling around with the camera's settings. Any suggestions or comments on my work are highly appreciated.


AS for the model itself, no fancy modifications were made to it. Standard Tamiya spray cans were used (mica red, metallic black and german grey). Gold trim on the armor and chrome finish for the thrusters were done with gundam markers.


I wish I could have been a bit more imaginative with the poses. The gold trim on the armor rubs off easily even after applying top coat to seal it, so I had to be extra careful just moving this beast around. If ever I have the funds to make another of this bad boy here, I'd probably paint it black like my MG Kampfer. Well that should be it for now, my head's still hurting from moving bright lights around.









0 comments:

Post a Comment